I am a software developer and an entrepreneur. With a passion for business and technology, I enjoy building applications people actually want to use. My professional experience consists primarily of roles related to the development of web-based applications. I convert ideas into income.
Co-founder, Honeybadger Industries; Kirkland, WA — 2012-present
- Built and scaled an application monitoring service for application developers.
- Implemented and maintained a auto-scaling and auto-healing infrastructure based on Ansible and AWS.
- Implemented Privacy Shield and GDPR compliance frameworks
- Oversaw development of contractors building iOS and Android applications, as well as several open source libraries.
- Worked with various technologies such as Ruby, Elixir, Consul, Cassandra, SOLR, and PostgreSQL.
VP Engineering, officespace.com; Seattle, WA — 2011-2013
- Coordinated the migration of the marketplace application used by prospective tenants and CRE professionals from ColdFusion and SQL Server to Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL with PostGIS.
- Implemented and maintained a system automation infrastructure based on Chef.
- Built an iOS application for prospective tenants that consumes the OfficeSpace.com API.
Owner, Tesly, LLC; Kirkland, WA — 2007-present
- Designed and built a variety of web applications for startups such as NextProof, Fretbase, and Tada! Shop using Ruby on Rails, jQuery, MongoDB, EC2, and S3.
- Started, operated, and sold SaaS and e-commerce applications: Catch the Best, RailsKits.
- Provided e-commerce consulting and development for Griffin Technology, IPVideoMarket, and others.
Web Developer, 21st Century Music; Kirkland, WA — 2005-2007
- Designed, built, and deployed an e-commerce application built on Ruby on Rails tailored to the music industry with features such as multiple front-ends, inventory management, and digital media sales.
- Deployed, monitored, and maintained internal and production systems, databases, and application servers.
Engineering Manager, UpSellUSA; Seattle, WA — 2003-2005
- Managed a team of 8 developers and designers delivering the company’s web-based products.
- Made and implemented technology and platform decisions at the company level.
- Developed and implemented development, operations, documentation, and testing processes and procedures.
Technical Architect, UpSellUSA; Seattle, WA — 2002-2003
- Responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of web-based administration tools and reporting systems that supported the incentive management system.
- Planned, installed, and maintained internal and external networks and systems, including web, database, file, and backup servers.
Web Developer (contractor), Real Networks; Seattle, WA — 2002
- Helped gather and define requirements for, design, implement, and author documentation for web applications. These applications were sold as additional services on top of the Real Broadcast Network.
- Evaluated and made recommendations on third-party technologies and services for deployment.
- Designed and implemented web applications using PHP and Oracle.
Web Developer, Housevalues; Kirkland, WA — 2000-2002
- Built HouseValues.com, including the real estate agent tools, content management system, online store, bulk mailer, and other projects. The code developed was mainly PHP with some Perl.
- Installed, configured and maintained production and in-house Linux systems. This included configuration and maintenance of PHP, Apache, MySQL, Sendmail, Procmail, etc.
- Set up a documentation repository and authored technical design documentation.
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA — B.S. Information Systems and Decision Sciences, 2000